Monday, April 4, 2011

My month just got shorter...

April without Sugar

DAY FOUR

I've made it through the roughest part. I got through the first 72 hours, and through my father's surprise party without having cake and ice cream. I can't believe it, but I'm feeling OK about this. I've been sick - so I'm not sure if I was feeling gross because of all the 'sick' in my body, or if I was reacting to how little sugar I had in my system.

This morning I still feel sick, but nothing more. I hope I can keep this up for the month... well...

The month of April. That was my goal, however my husbands birthday is the end of this month, and I will be celebrating with him, which means the month of NO SUGAR just got a little shorter.

- I will be eating cake and Ice cream, and even smores -

Normally I would pretend like I wouldn't and then cave - but that isn't a very nice situation to get myself in... I'll just be honest... I will not eat sugar until then, and at David's party I will have a very controlled, grownup amount of sugar :D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely know that you can go for the whole month (or at least until the 29th). It gets easier and easier the longer you go without adding sugar.

If you're being healthy, and getting your natural sugars via fruits and veggies, then your body shouldn't crave it.

Now I say this with love, because I'm your friend and I want you to be well, but I know you.... when the 29th comes, don't binge just because you're allowed. Don't shove as much sugar as you can into your face because you were good all month.

Enjoy your s'more and your cake and ice cream, but in small portions. You may even find that you feel kinda crappy after so long without it. Take it slow so your body doesn't do some crazy freak out after a long withdrawal.

<3 you! (Bobbin)