Tuesday, April 26, 2011

well it's the end of April...

I know that it's not the very end - but I did 21 days of No sugar... that was the original goal - get through 3 weeks. I did that...

I know that I forgot 3 or 4 times, once I added honey to a Smoothie, while out with friends I shared a dessert - just a few bites... etc. But for the most part my life was not consumed with sugar. I enjoyed that my body didn't crash, that my mind was a little clearer... I didn't really have any withdrawal symptoms, but I did miss eating dessert....

On Sunday I attended a birthday party, and before I realized I had a glass of pop... oops... but I didn't feel like I had to have 3 glasses of pop... I didn't need ice cream or snacks... I told David - that I think I was over the emotional hold Sugar had on me... and to test the theory - I had CAKE.. I KNOW it was awful.. (not so much). I had a reasonable sized piece, in fact I'd say it was small... and that was that. we stayed 4 hours... I had 10 penny candies, and in leaving, another small slice of cake.

I don't think I failed in the sugar fast... even though it wasn't the 29th... I didn't need to keep going back for more cake... I didn't feel like I wasn't enjoying myself when I wasn't eating... I ate moderately, and I think it will be easy to maintain. 3 weeks to break free from how much sugar I ingested, 3 weeks to kick the emotional habit of sweet things, 3 weeks to realize that Savory is as delicious as Sweet...

and now to prepare for David's Birthday Party... and Bake Cookies - No worries they aren't all for me... :D

No comments: